Tuesday, August 01, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MTV!!


Well 25 years ago today Mtv came on the air with the first video being "video killed the radio star". I remember it coming on air and how excited I was. Times have changed for Mtv and now they dont show videos. All they show is reality shows that are very boring. I wish Mtv was like they used to be many years ago but I am only wishing. I guess I will have to stick with VH1 classic to catch all my favorites. On Tuesday its 2 for 2 tuesday on VH1 classic so guess what I will be watching some today?

1 Comments:

At 03 August, 2006 01:12 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah man i remember this one so well. August 1st,1981. first summer holiday since arriving to the US, also mom´s b´day and her 1st celebrated in the US. it was all so new to me, but also determined to suck in on all the info that was coming to me. Waiting for the 1st video at 12am, my twin brother and i waited expectantly. finally, the guitar sounds and the moon man (ironically very well put by the MTV people since it really was a 1st). and then (as if foretelling the future) the buggles with "video killed the radio star". awesome!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home