Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A WEEK FROM TODAY!!


A week from today is our second time for the SKATE FOR THE CHILDREN fundraiser and I am hoping more people from online will show up this time since they have had plenty of notice about this event. People we still need $9,000 by the 1st of Nov or this annual event for these children will be cancelled this year and I know that alot of you don't want that to happen. I feel that if everyone sent $5.00 that blogs in the area including Nashville then we could be really close to holding this party for these kids!!! I have worked really hard to try to make sure we raise enough money for this event and I am going to post a few links you can go and contribute to without coming to our skating party but I would rather you come to this. I have a friend of mine that works for the pampered Chef and she is going to show off some of her things next week at this skate party. If you go to her website you can order anything from there and it will give us money. Also an Arbonne's rep will be there and she is donating 35% of sales to our charity. Also i have a silent auction that is still going on from the last skate night and here are the items we have listed.....


Meal for 8 people donated by Mothership Barbeque
Bowling Parties (2 parties for 6 people) donated by Smyrna Bowling Center
Beautiful beaded jewelry (necklaces and earrings) donated by Jennifer of Glen & Jen's Blog
Gift certificate donated by Hickory Falls Restaurant
Gift certificate to Legends Steakhouse donated by Realtor Lory Breckler
Gift certificate donated by Dan Good Ribs & BBQ
One pound gourmet coffee donated by Starbucks
Gift certificate for $10 vase of flowers donated by Tom's Flowers
Gift certificate for $25 in fine jewelry donated by Sue's Custom Jewelry (link to world renowned Sci-Fi author Andre Norton article - Sue was Ms. Norton's caretaker)
Two Music CD's by Realtor, Blogger, and Musician Doug Atkin called "An Offering of Musical Praise"

So there is something for everyone and come on out and bid on anything. I know right now that the 1lb of coffee has a bid of $25.00 from a city of lavergne employee and he told us that if the bid goes high than just keep the check for $25.00 as a donation ...now that is helping out alot thank you for stepping up and helping my friend!!!

If you have any questions call me at 995 2636 and we can talk more!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 18 October, 2006 23:04 , Blogger Kathy T. said...

Sorry I couldn't call you back today. I didn't get home until 9:00 tonight. Ugh! Work work work! Give me a shout tomorrow or I'll touch base with you! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home