Tuesday, February 19, 2008

you did more good than bad...

I had one of the best days as hits go on my blog yesterday and it gives me great joy that more people have seen my blog than anyone else. I write my blog as my feelings and not to impress anyone online. I might offend some folks but I am too the point in my life I dont give a rats ass. I was going to shut down my blog this weekend but after thining about it all night while at work I have decided not to let someone run me off from bloggin. I have talked to several online friends this morning and I have decided I am going to let things go now and not step down to the level and rise up to be a stronger person. If you still want to read my blog then go right ahead and join the fun.But remember please benice on here and dont hate because haters are not allowed!!! word!!!

1 Comments:

At 19 February, 2008 15:19 , Blogger Kathy T. said...

Thanks to free speech, everyone is entitled to blog. You know you and I see very differently on this specific political issue that you've continued to write about. While I respect your right to select your own candidate, I'd still double-check your sources because the internet has a way of ruining candidates through false statements and outright lies.

Case in point, Mark. The last time your "former" friend posted, did she say you were a racist, did she say your remarks could be construed as racist, or didn't she simply ask, "Would you feel the same way if the candidate was white?" That's not saying you're a racist, it's conversation.

I am not taking sides at all because again I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I know you were upset because of past conversations, but I think the same can be said about Ivy. I know she's particularly sensitive about race issues because she's been a victim of racism in the past. She lived in the same area of southern Indiana that I lived in and while there, people bragged that there were no blacks because they'd run them out of town. I was also offended at those attitudes, but it was nothing compared to what happened to Ivy. So there is a very justifiable reason she is vigilant about race issues.

I try to be cognizant of what I say and how I say things, and I'm ashamed to admit that I've said things I regret... not because I'm racist but how I say it comes out wrong. For example, if you say "Them" or "you people"... whoduthunk that would be a bad way to phrase something.

Anyway, that's just my two cents worth. Take it or leave it, but I think I'd probably just drop the whole issue because it's pretty obvious that Ivy has let it go too.

Peace out, man. Kathy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home