Monday, July 10, 2006

my job

Well I had a question asked of me the other day and the answer might surprise some of you. "Why are you working at that job at your age?"

Well I have worked about 6 yrs in retail and about 18 yrs in fast food and full service resturants(management). I am sick and tired of that kind of work having to punch a time clock and manage others. The public has made me in general a person that wont ever go back into fast food. If you have ever worked in fast food you know why. Where I am working now , I dont have to clock in at a certain time, I can take how many ever breaks I needs, work alone, listen to music, and the most important thing.....NO STRESS!!! I clean the smyrna skate center for those of you dont know already plus I also clean homes on the side. My 2 yrs at the center is coming up and my boss is one of the best around. He tells me I do a great job and the raises prove it. The only thing he has told me in the past that I have missed a piece of gum in the carpet which is now very rare for me...if I need extra hours he will give them to me...fast food I had to work 45 to 50 hours a weeks and here I work 30 to maybe 40. I am happy with my job. I might not be doing this 10 yrs from now but right now I am happy. I hope everyone finds a job they love and treats them good at.

1 Comments:

At 14 July, 2006 06:21 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand exactly where you are coming from! I started out in the fast food industry (taco bell, 1 year, Hardees 6 long years). Now, I'm happy driving the school bus.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home