Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Shoppers on High Alert

Ok here is something I am going to talk about alittle more but first read this article from channel 5 then I will talk more about this and my feelings......

More problems near Hickory Hollow Mall have some shoppers wary.
Just last week, the mall started a new rule stating teens could only come to the mall late nights on the weekend if they're with an adult. On Friday night, police had to break up a fight after a carnival on mall property got out of hand. This incident did not happen in the mall, but shoppers are still thinking twice about shopping there.
Some Hickory Hollow shoppers were glad to know the mall is stepping up efforts to make the place safer. Mall managers recently started a new policy banning teens from being in the mall without an adult on Friday and Saturday nights. The move was to cut down on crime and gang activity, but that didn’t stop a brawl late Saturday night. A fight broke out just before 11:00 pm at a carnival in the mall parking lot. Metro police say it started with two young girls, but quickly grew to include several people.
Shoppers said it’s situations like this that have them thinking of shopping somewhere else. Luckily there were no reports of any serious injuries as a result of that fight. No word on what charges the teens could face.
The Hickory Hollow Mall is owned by the same company that owns the Rivergate Mall and Cool Springs Galleria. They have not started similar programs at either of those malls.


Ok this goes out to all parents!! listen up......I hope you are raising your kids to become good kids because some of you are really not being good parents. It is really bad when the majority of us fear going to a mall because of these teens that have no guidance from theier low down good for nothing parents. I remember when the mall used to be fun but since all the gangs and mexicans moved into the area and taken over the mall its just not safe to go now. the holidays are coming up and the mall wont be busy...just tear the mall down and the kids will have no place to go then...Alot of this has to do with the music they listen to...have you as parents heard this music? Its gangster music...where are we going with our country? will the next few yrs hold a president that has so much gold around his neck it blinds you when he is on tv or he will have gangs as a body guard and then drugs will be legal and you can go to walmart and buy a pack of joints for $20.00.....I ask this of parents...please work with your kids and teach them not to be gangster..this is causing alot of problems!!! thank you

7 Comments:

At 29 August, 2006 16:21 , Blogger Kathy T. said...

I do not leave my kids at the mall ever. My oldest is mature enough, but it's the other people who I don't trust.

 
At 29 August, 2006 17:19 , Blogger mark said...

see some parents just dont care....I dont understand how parents can let their kids run wild...at work sometimes after we close the officer we have has to send another cop to the kids home to try to get ahold of the parents to come pick them up....I dont understand how parents can drop their kis off to skate and forget them....I guess the same parents let the kids do the mall thing too....no responsiblity i guess

 
At 31 August, 2006 05:04 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not know how parents can just drop the kids off and leave. If the kids wanted to hang with friends thats fine, however, I'm going to stay there with them!

 
At 01 September, 2006 08:21 , Blogger Nathan said...

How could you make a statement about people from Mexico like that? Can you be anymore racist? I'm really disappointed that you would make a statement like that. Have you forgotten what it's like to be stereotyped simply for the way you were born?

People from Mexico cannot change the color of their skin, nor their ethnic heritage. I know a lot of Mexicans who are simply wonderful people. I don't think Mexico is the problem. I think poor parenting is to blame, and white teens are just as capable of crime.

And as far as "gangster" music... do you really believe music by black people is the reason for crime in this world? It has nothing to do with the morals that are taught to a child in his home? Even if he is raised by the best parents in the world, you think he's going to hear one rap song and go out and shoot people?

Come on... if that's the way you were raised, maybe you should look at your own racist opinions, and reconsider the example you are setting for children. You're giving approval to treating minorities like they are scum. Is that what you consider diversity?

 
At 01 September, 2006 14:33 , Blogger mark said...

Nathan I understand you thoughts and I was writing this article because I have talked to several people that say they fear going to the mall because of the gangs and mexicans...an older lady friend of mine said she went one night and she felt very uncomfortable because there was a group of mexican teens behind and she felt scared so she was never going back...some rap music is cool but the groups that sing/rap about cop killing and guns and gangs is what I was trying to talk about....as for being racist I am not...it just seems we live in this country and have to learn spanish so we can talk to them but I feel as so many others do that this is our country and they whoever or whatever country they are from should learn our language and culture for the would want us to learn theirs if we lived in their country....illelgals should not be allowed to come to the states because there is so many of us americans out of work....sorry if you are offened but you opinion is greatly apperciated....that is what makes this country unique...

 
At 01 September, 2006 15:13 , Blogger mark said...

I voiced my opinion and you can yours....everyone has the right to free speech....the high schools even have a dress code saying no baggy pants chains bandanna's ect they want the kids to dress for success.....I feel alot of people feel this way Nathan I dont feel that we should argue over something I posted and there is no sense to name calling(moron) meaning me you dont know me other than my blog and I dont know you either so dont judge me becuase your upset!!

 
At 01 September, 2006 22:59 , Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

"this is our country"???
It's their country, too!
I wonder if Mexican Americans( and Gay Americans) have full ownership rights in that country? The answer, sadly, is "no".
And 97% of those Mexican Americans Do speak English and are trying to improve their language skills. English courses for Adult Learners all over the country have waiting lists backed up for months.
Sorry you got beat up, but the two subjects are unrelated.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home