Friday, September 29, 2006

NEGLECTING A CHILD?


With everything going on with this benefit I got to think some last night at work about something that makes me very very sad. My newphew and his dad live with us and I help the 10 yr old boy with his homework and other things when his dad is at work. we are a very close family and love each other like we should. We do have our moments like every family. What makes me so very sad is the fact that his own mother wont even call her child. The last we heard from her was Aut 17th when she called to ask him how his school was going. The little 10 yr old boy asked us this week why his mother hasnt called? That right there makes me cry inside. My brother has filed for full custody for things too long to get into. If I was a parent I would never not call my child, mostly if I knew someone was trying to get him full time. What makes a person do this to their own child? Does any mothers out there feel this is right or this should be going on? The mother in question has done this before but not for this long. She is married to a husband beater and had kicked him out and she moved two counties away but now we think she is back with him because she hasnt called. I feel she has choose her man over her own son. Would anyone do that? NOT ME!!

1 Comments:

At 29 September, 2006 07:31 , Blogger Kathy T. said...

One of my friends is taking her daughter to New Jersey today for a wedding. While there, the daughter will see her dad for the first time in four years and her grandparents for the first time in 10 years. Now that's just inexcusable. I know there are reasons, but none good. Alcohol. Lifestyle. None of those are decent reasons to not see (or call) your child.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home